In order to optimize the result following the bone graft surgery, we strongly recommend that you follow these instructions:
- Take the post-operative medications as prescribed. It is very important to take the antibiotics at the specific prescribed time.
- Apply cold compresses for the first 24 hours (such as a bag of frozen peas or ice cubes in a towel or plastic bag). It is important not to put the ice directly on the skin.
- Do not blow your nose. If it is absolutely necessary, do it gently.
- If you need to sneeze, do so by the mouth without holding it.
- If you feel congested (nose or sinus) take a decongestant such Sudafed or Tylenol Sinus.
- Plan to rest or do light activities for the first 48 hours.
- Do not do any physical activity for the first 72 hours after the surgery.